Well Happy New Year!
I started this Blog on 9/11/2007 and I just tracked my 3069th unique visitor (see above for their locations)
My visions for 2008
1. 10Gbe will become the standard for NAS storage
2. Clustered Storage (such as Isilon) will pick up steam
3. Solid State storage will be the talk of 2008
4. VMware will continue to increase market share
5. Infiniband Storage and VMware will be the 2008 solution
6. Several Storage vendors will consolidate
7. NFS RDMA NFSv4 pNFS over 10Gbe will outperform Fibre Channel for Vmware Datastores
8. FCOE will be limited to few applications
And on a green note, Nanosolar will change the world.
January 1 2008